As a Social Worker led organisation, Bunbury Counselling provides a range of services to NDIS participants. We also provide Counselling, Support Work and Therapy Assistant services to NDIS participants, as below.
All NDIS fees align with NDIS pricing arrangements.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) aims to provide community linking and individualised support for people with permanent and significant disability, their families and carers.
The AASW has advocated in this space in consultation with key stakeholders – including with the National Alliance of Self Regulating Health Professions (NASRHP) which worked with the Quality, Safeguards & Provider Registration Division of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to ensure providers from self-regulating professions are recognised using the same processes as AHPRA-registered colleagues.
Social work and the NDIS
The NDIS created new roles for social workers. Social workers have the knowledge, skills and expertise to provide supports at numerous levels including as local area coordinators, planners, community development and direct practice roles. Social workers can become providers and be registered through the NDIS to provide a wide range of supports including:
- Therapeutic supports (individual and group)
- Early intervention supports for early childhood
- Behaviour support
- Specialised assessment of skills, abilities and needs
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports
- Assistance with accommodation/tenancy
If you are interested in becoming a provider, visit the NDIS website for the requirements and process.
2022-23 Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits
The NDIS Pricing Arrangements have been updated for 2022-23 (published 22/6/22). Here is a preliminary summary of the changes relevant to social workers:
- Social workers are now specifically mentioned under the Capacity Building – Improved Daily Living section, and there are two new specific item numbers for Assessment Recommendation Therapy or Training – Social Worker:
- Early Childhood Intervention Supports (under seven years of age) 15_603_0118_1_3
- Therapy Supports (over seven years of age) 15_621_0128_1_3
- The previously included “Other Therapy” items have been replaced by these social worker items, as well as items for some other types of professionals. Members who were providing services under the “Other Therapy” items will need to update their item numbers to the ones above. The rates for these items have remained the same as last year.
- Social workers must be members of AASW to deliver the items mentioned above.
- The Community Engagement Assistance item under the Therapy Supports (over seven years of age) section is the same as last year. It has been separated out into its own section in this updated version, but it is the same item number. Members providing this service can continue to use this item number. The rates for this item have slightly increased since last year.
Assessment Recommendation Therapy or Training – Counsellor.
Counselling to a support self-knowledge, emotional acceptance and growth, and the optimal development of personal resources, to help the participant work towards their personal goals and gain greater insight into their lives
Assessment Recommendation Therapy or Training – Social Worker including CBT, DBT, ACT, Motivational Interviewing, Mindfulness, Psychoeducation, Life Skills Training. As well as direct service provision, these support items can be used to claim for:
Non-Face-to-Face Support Provision; Provider Travel; Short Notice Cancellations; NDIA Requested Reports.
NDIS Code: 11_024_0117_7_3 (Individual Social Skills Development – Improved Relationships)
09_009_0117_6_3 (Individual Social Skills Development – Increased social and community participation)
Assists participants to develop their social skills for participation in community and social activity.
NDIS Therapy Assistant (level 2).
NDIS Code: 15_053_0128_1_3
Copyright 2013-2022 Bunbury Counselling. All Rights Reserved.